I made this delicious batch of fresh soup today, ready for the week ahead. Packed with immune-boosting organic ingredients and full of flavour, this will nourish your body and satisfy your taste buds.
As we head into the cooler months, soups are a wonderful way to combine a variety of nutrient-dense vegetables into one healthy and comforting meal. They are easy to make, they freeze well, and are the perfect “mindful eating meal” – you have no choice but to sit down and enjoy every mouthful 🤍
1 large bunch of cavolo Nero (kale or dark leafy green)
1 whole broccoli
1 whole cauliflower
1 large zucchini
5 handfuls of organic spinach
4 carrots or 1 large sweet potato (optional for a sweeter taste)
1 large leek
1 red onion
2 large garlic cloves
1-2 large mild chillies (depending on how hot you like it) 🌶
600ml of organic, gluten and yeast-free vegetable stock
3 bay leaves
Flat-leaf parsley or coriander
Fresh chilli or chilli flakes
1. To make the vegetable broth, cut the leek, onion, garlic, and chillies. Cook in a saucepan with a drizzle of organic extra virgin olive oil, until soft.
2. Add the organic vegetable stock (powder with boiled water or ready-made liquid), add the 3 bay leaves, then leave to simmer.
3. To make the soup ingredients, chop the vegetables and steam them until cooked through.
4. Once cooked, place the soup ingredients into a large heatproof bowl.
5. Remove the bay leaves from the vegetable broth.
6. Start blending the soup ingredients with a hand-held blender and
7. Slowly add the vegetable broth to the bowl until a thick soup consistency is formed.
8. Blend until smooth.
9. Serve in a bowl and garnish with a generous amount of fresh lemon juice, some chopped coriander or parsley, and a sprinkle of chilli (to taste).
Serves 5-6 portions, perfect for planning your week ahead.
This soup is guaranteed to keep you satisfied for hours, aid your digestion, and will give your body the immune fighting powers it needs as we head into winter.
I created this recipe myself, and I hope you get to enjoy this too.