Long weekends are made for BBQ’s, delicious food, and celebrations with family & friends. This colourful roast vegetable salad is nutritious and full of flavour. Accompanied with a creamy tahini dressing, it’s guaranteed to satisfy those taste buds. In this recipe the oven does most of the work for you, (you’ll need a few roasting trays).
4-5 organic beetroots (peel & slice into bite-size pieces)
3-4 organic sweet potatoes (scrub clean, leave the skin on & slice into bite-size pieces)
5 carrots (peeled & sliced lengthways)
Large bunch of fresh green long stem beans (edges trimmed)
4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup of fresh mint & parsley (finely chopped)
3 tablespoons of organic honey
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Salt & pepper
1/3 cup organic tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
Preheat your oven to 200c / fan 180 / Gas 6.
Tray 1: Place the sliced beetroot into a deep baking dish with 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, a few tablespoons of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Tray 2: Sweet potato with olive oil and pinches of salt & pepper.
Tray 3: Place the sliced carrots and drizzle over the honey and olive oil with a sprinkle of salt & pepper.
- Place all 3 trays into the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until tender and golden (test with fork). The beetroot will take a little longer to cook through than the others.
- Towards the end, make room on one of the trays for the pumpkin seeds and roast them for 10 minutes.
- Whilst your vegetables are baking, make your tahini dressing by combining all of the dressing ingredients and whisking well to form a creamy texture. Make sure you use cold water to prevent it from going lumpy. Add more water, lemon or maple syrup/honey to taste. Set aside for later.
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water for a few minutes then transfer to cold water. Slice into bite size pieces.
- When your roasted vegetables are ready, combine all ingredients into a large serving bowl/platter with the sliced avocados.
- Garnish with parsley, mint, and roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Serve with the creamy tahini dressing on the side.